Resolution time again. First, let’s look at my resolutions from all the way back in The Year The World Ended:
1. I shall ride the exerbike for thirty minutes (or engage in the substantial equivalent of other exercise) at least three times per week. Nope. In fact, the exerbike is about done for, and I moved it into storage. Net weight gain: 2.5 pounds. I’ll have to broaden the forms of exercise a bit next time.
2. I shall cook two somethings I’ve never cooked before, and cook them at least three times each to fine-tune the recipes. Yes. They were simple somethings (steaks and pancakes just the way I want them and better than at my most-oft-attended restaurants), but they count.
3. I shall write at least one journal entry each week. I shall not go seven days without posting an entry. Yes, and I set another personal record for most posts in a year. I don’t know what that record is, I just know it’s a record.
4. If a task or chore will take less than one minute to accomplish and I have a minute to spare, I shall do it immediately. Kept as much as possible.
5. On weekends and days off, I shall awaken and get out of bed before 9:19 AM. Nope. Too many late nights.
6. When I leave my classroom at the end of each day, my desktop and the top of the filing cabinet next to my desk shall be clean, organized, and ready for the next day’s work. Kept, but it’s getting to the point where there’s a bit too much stuff organized and ready for the next day’s work on top of my desk and filing cabinet.
7. I shall buy lunch no more than once per workweek. ErmmmmmmNope. I’m pretty certain there were a few workweeks in which I bought lunch twice.
8. On any day I collect essays, I shall grade at least ten of those essays. Kept more often than last year, but still a no. Turns out there’s no way it can be kept on a Friday. This one probably needs to go.
9. I shall fly on an airplane in order to attend As I’m A Bassi’s wedding. Kept. Western New York is nice despite its lack of a Portillo’s.
10. I shall put all the books I’ve bought but not yet read on a particular shelf, and either read, sell or give away more than half of them. Kept. This freed up tons of storage space in my house, which I shall soon fill with plenty of other garbage.
11. I shall attend the Bears-Jaguars game on October 7th, 2012. Kept, and what a game it was!
12. I shall fly out west to visit my little sister. I did fly out west to visit my little sister. She wasn’t actually in the country when I arrived, so I hung out with my big sister instead. The flight back was awful; it somehow took 13 hours to make a 5-6 hour flight. Oh well.
So, that’s eight of twelve kept, a significant improvement over last year’s four of twelve. Time for this year’s, beginning with renewed (revised) resolutions:
1. I shall exercise for thirty minutes at least three times per week.
2. I shall write at least one journal entry each week. I shall not go seven days without posting an entry.
3. If a task or chore will take less than one minute to accomplish and I have a minute to spare, I shall do it immediately.
4. On weekends and days off, I shall awaken and get out of bed before 9:19 AM.
5. When I leave my classroom at the end of each day, my desktop and the top of the filing cabinet next to my desk shall be clean, organized, and ready for the next day’s work.
6. I shall buy lunch no more than once per workweek.
And two newbies:
7. I shall move out of my current home. I count too many obnoxious whippersnappers among my neighbors. Most of what they deserve to have happen to them is illegal.
8. I shall fly somewhere for something. I’ll invite suggestions from friends and family regarding the somewhere and the something.
And the flex resolutions, for which I will entertain suggestions:
9. I shall make a 9th resolution before January 31st, 2013.
10. I shall make a 10th resolution before February 28th, 2013.
11. I shall make a 11th resolution before April 30th, 2013.
12. I shall make a 12th resolution before June 30th, 2013.
This is the first year since 1987 that has no repeating digits. That means something. I know it. Here goes.
One thought on “Resolutions for 2013.”
How aboot fly to the greater Chicagoland area to watch the major sporting event of your choice (Bears, Cubs, Bulls).
Comments are closed.